African Americans are twice as likely than whites to be stopped by police, and the majority of the time, there is no reason for the stops.
- Berkeley schools staff face racial discrimination in hiring, promotions
- Black to School: AASD Hosts Black Student Orientation
- Richmond City Council considers “Just Cause” eviction protection, rent control ordinances
- Jowell Laguerre appointed as new Peralta Colleges chancellor
- Oakland’s Hidden Geniuses’ Say: “Yes We Code”
- Despite gains, inequality persists in Berkeley high school graduation rates
- Berkeley hosts annual Juneteenth Festival
- Vigil for Charleston Shooting Victims at UC Berkeley
Why did peaceful Black students’ protests on Berkeley’s campus receive little mainstream media attention? Why did protests organized by non-Black voices garner mainstream media sources?
- zoeydelacreme Vlog- Welcome Black Bar-B-Que!
- The Meaning of Fourth of July to the Negro
- #FelonCrushFriday: Jeremy Meeks, Mugshots, and Mass Incarceration
- #BlackatCal vlog by @zoeydelacreme
- Winning the War against Terrorism in Africa
- 2014 Black Senior Weekend at UC Berkeley
- Black Graduation: Marching to the beat of a Different Drum
- Helene Gayle speaks at Haas Business School
Terrorism is rising on the African continent. Regional coordination by African governments will protect the population and prevent invasions from the West.
- Reality Checks: The Afrikan’s American Dream
- Health Issues and Innovations to Our Problems
- The Unspoken Divide Between Black Communities
- Breaking Down Afrikan Stereotypes: What types of questions should we ask?
- Say my Name: Reintroducing Fikreselam Habebo
- Preserving Our Culture, Our Legacy
- Honor Mandela by Carrying on his Work
- Honor Nelson Mandela by fighting injustice