Progressive council majority directs city staff to draft ordinances to halt evictions, rent increases.
- Jowell Laguerre appointed as new Peralta Colleges chancellor
- Oakland’s Hidden Geniuses’ Say: “Yes We Code”
- Despite gains, inequality persists in Berkeley high school graduation rates
- Berkeley hosts annual Juneteenth Festival
- Vigil for Charleston Shooting Victims at UC Berkeley
- Berkeley High yearbooks recalled for racist language
- Oakland Mayor, Police Chief discuss public safety
- Berkeley High alumnus still banned from campus, despite no stay away order
Why did peaceful Black students’ protests on Berkeley’s campus receive little mainstream media attention? Why did protests organized by non-Black voices garner mainstream media sources?
- zoeydelacreme Vlog- Welcome Black Bar-B-Que!
- The Meaning of Fourth of July to the Negro
- #FelonCrushFriday: Jeremy Meeks, Mugshots, and Mass Incarceration
- #BlackatCal vlog by @zoeydelacreme
- Winning the War against Terrorism in Africa
- 2014 Black Senior Weekend at UC Berkeley
- Black Graduation: Marching to the beat of a Different Drum
- Helene Gayle speaks at Haas Business School
Terrorism is rising on the African continent. Regional coordination by African governments will protect the population and prevent invasions from the West.
- Reality Checks: The Afrikan’s American Dream
- Health Issues and Innovations to Our Problems
- The Unspoken Divide Between Black Communities
- Breaking Down Afrikan Stereotypes: What types of questions should we ask?
- Say my Name: Reintroducing Fikreselam Habebo
- Preserving Our Culture, Our Legacy
- Honor Mandela by Carrying on his Work
- Honor Nelson Mandela by fighting injustice